Saturday, September 6, 2008

Return

No more do raindrops burst my dreams,
Never again will tears refuse to flow,
Among the thousand pearls scattered around,
I'm the one in the salty ocean below.

Not like every drone of misery,
Who in the glow of cold comfort basks,
Would rather be a disfigured face,
All alone in a sea of wooden masks.

Tired of living within the lines,
Leading a life of dots and dashes,
On fire, I set myself once again,
Just to kneel and gather my ashes.


The shackles all lie burnt and broken,
Like hope born out of every strife,
As my past holds its breath,
This is me, coming back to life.

No more a firefly in daylight.

5 comments:

Shaikh Yasir Ahmed said...

Welcome back! What did you get for me???

White Shadow said...

Everything and nothing. :)

Sach1 said...

Awww! That's so well written..It was so part of me once..

-Sachi
http://sachi-stayingalive.blogspot.com/

White Shadow said...

@sach
Thanks. :)

DeepBlue said...

Fell in the ashes just to rise again . . . Phoenix . :).

Psst. Stop hitting on sachi. :p.